Podcast Producer, Bloomberg, New York City (Dec. 2017-Present)
- Produce the two Bloomberg podcasts "Odd Lots" and "Benchmark."
- Duties include scheduling guests, editing scripts, discussing pitches as well as recording and mixing episodes.
- Work with the podcast team to develop new shows.
Freelance Assistant Producer, "The Leonard Lopate Show," WNYC, New York City (March 2017-Dec. 2017)
- Pitched segments, prepped scripts and wrote web copy.
- Managed social media.
- Cut and uploaded the daily podcast version of the show.
Freelance Reporter/Producer, New York City (Oct. 2016-March 2017)
- Produced feature stories for WBUR’s “Here & Now” and the NPR member station WBGO.
- Collect sound for news outlets.
Reporter, WGCU, NPR member station, Fort Myers, Fla. (March 2014-Oct. 2016)
- Produced spots and features covering the environment, state politics and public health.
- Filled-in as host for local "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered."
- Collaborated on videos for the local PBS program "Gulf Coast Life!"
- Produced multimedia story packages.
- Produced and hosted call-in show "Gulf Coast Live!" once a month.
- Edited scripts for reporters and hosts.
- Contributed to national programs like "Weekend All Things Considered" and NPR newscasts.
Freelance Assistant Producer, WNYC, NPR member station, New York, N.Y. (Dec. 2013-Feb. 2014)
- Worked on WNYC programs including "The Takeaway" and "The Brian Lehrer Show."
- Booked and pre-interviewed guests, and prepped scripts.
Intern, WNYC, NPR member station, New York, N.Y. (Sept. 2013-Dec. 2013)
- Conducted interviews and research for the business desk and the podcast "New Tech City".
- Wrote web copy for business desk and "Note to Self" stories.
Intern, WGCU, NPR member station, Fort Myers, Fla. (June 2013-Aug. 2013)
- Produced spots and features.
- Attended news meetings and pitched story ideas.
Intern, Heritage Radio Network, Brooklyn, N.Y. (Feb. 2013-May 2013)
- Produced promos, clip reels and music complications for the network’s podcasts.
- Wrote web copy.
Staff Writer, The Gazette Newspaper, Gaithersburg, Md. (Aug. 2010-May 2012)
Wrote four-to-seven articles each week covering local arts and entertainment events.
Regular Contributor, The Washington Post Express, Washington, D.C. (July 2009-Aug. 2010)
- Wrote four-to-seven articles each month covering local arts and entertainment events.
M.A. in Journalism, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, New York, N.Y., Dec. 2013.
B.A. in English, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va. May 2010.
Final Cut Pro X, Hype, Reaper, Pro Tools, Audacity, WordPress, social media, HTML, CSS, LexisNexis, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Marantz recorders, Zoom recorders, Tascam recorders, multiple in-house content management systems, Core Publisher
Finalist, 2017: Florida SPJ Sunshine State Awards. For "Gladesmen, Everglades National Park At Odds Over Airboats" in the Feature Reporting category.
Finalist, 2017: Florida SPJ Sunshine State Awards. For "Election Year In Southwest Florida" in the Government and Politics Reporting category.
Winner, 2017: Florida Associated Press Broadcasters Awards. For "Gladesmen, Everglades National Park At Odds Over Airboats" in the Cultural/Historical Feature category.
Winner, 2017: Florida Associated Press Broadcasters Awards. For "Election Year In Southwest Florida" in the Election Coverage category.
Winner, 2017: Florida Associated Press Broadcasters Awards. For "Club Blu Teen Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 18 Wounded" in the Breaking News/Long Format category.
Winner, 2016: Edward R. Murrow Awards, Region 13. For “Manatee County Agencies Pressured By Rising Opioid Use” in the Hard News Reporting category.
Winner, 2016: Native American Journalists Association. For "Seminole Tribe of Florida Pushes to Preserve Former Deportation Site" in the Best Radio Feature category.
Finalist, 2015: Florida Associated Press Broadcasters Awards. For “Exhibit Features Skate Culture on Big Cypress Reservation and Across U.S.” in the Best Sports Feature category.
Finalist, 2014: Society of Professional Journalists’ Mark of Excellence Awards, Region 1. For series “City in Demand” in the Radio In-Depth Reporting category.